August 20, 2019
Hawkins 6th grade parents,
Excitement continues to build as we near the end of Summer and anticipate a fantastic camp experience to start the school year. We wanted to share a couple of important pieces of information for families to help us run camp as smoothly as possible.
- Because of limited space on buses, we are asking that parents drop off campers and their gear the morning of camp, 9/4/19 and pick up campers and their gear Friday after school, 9/6/19 in the stadium parking lot. (Pack as light as possible)
- We will provide an early check-in option on Tuesday, 9/3/19 from 4-7 pm. This will allow parents to drop off gear, receive cabin assignment, and gather any necessary last-minute information.
- We would like all 6th-grade students to take full advantage of the camp opportunity, but if your 6th-grade student is not attending camp, their first day of school will be Monday, 9/9/19.
- We are still recruiting parent volunteers! Please reach out to Luke Grunberg or Kris Klusman if you are interested or would like more information.
- Please feel free to contact Luke Grunberg with questions and concerns as we have put together some options and strategies to support students and make camp accessible for all of our 6th graders.
Luke Grunberg - 360.277.2135 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kris Klusman - 360.710.1268 - KrisK@johnlscott.com
August 1, 2019
Dear Incoming 6th Grade Parents,
Incoming Hawkins’s 6th grade students will be attending an overnight camp September 4, 2019 departing from school at 10 am to September 6, 2019 returning at 11 am located at Miracle Ranch. The camp will be led by Hawkins staff, parent volunteers, high school volunteers, and Miracle Ranch staff. Camp will take place from early morning to bedtime and be a busy time for students. On Friday students will return to Hawkins to have lunch and go through their scheduled day, riding home on their normal buses.
The staff are working at finalizing details to make this as successful as can be. We are excited to offer this opportunity to all of our new students free of charge. You will find a list of camp needs for each student. If you are lacking some of the items, please contact Luke Grunberg at 360-277-2135 in early August. We have some donations to share with students.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 360-277-2135. I will be out of the building during July but will return messages upon my return August 1st. If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact me before August 23rd to discuss the commitment and requirements.
In addition, adult volunteers will need to have fingerprinting and a current background check on file. Details for fingerprinting can be found here. Please follow this link to apply as a volunteer for the background check: www.northmasonschools.org/Content2/volunteer
Below are the permission slips and camp information forms you will need.
AP Hawkins Middle School
PTSA Camp Information Letter
PTSA Camp Information Letter (Espanol)
Camp Cover Letter
Camp Permission Slip
Camp Permission Slip (Espanol)
Miracle Ranch Waiver
Camp Check List: What to Take