North Mason School District uses an new online registration process called Skyward New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE). Please read the following carefully prior to starting the online registration. You'll have the opportunity to upload completed forms later during the online process.
For students entering Kindergarten or 1st Grade you will need to provide:
- Copy of birth certificate, passport or other government issued document showing the student's legal name and date of birth.
- A child must be five years of age by midnight, August 31 in order to begin kindergarten in the new school year. Click here to read district policy and procedure regarding Qualifications of Attendance and Placement and possible Exemptions. If you would like information about an Exemption: 1. Determine the school your child would attend based on your current address and 2. Contact the principal of that school to discuss the district's screening process and instruments required to provide estimates to determine your child's skills and abilities.
For students entering all grades, in addition to a birth certificate you will need to provide:
- Address verification document, such as: telephone, utility or cable bills, lease, mortgage information, insurance, documents from public agencies such as courts or DSHS.
- Immunization records including dates and immunizations received. Immunizations must be provided to us within 30 days of enrollment. See immunization requirements here Vaccination Requirements for Students Kindergarten - 12th Grade (Vacunas requeridas para el ciclo escolar 2016-2017).
- Special Needs records such as IEP, evaluations, 504 Plans or any other special education records.
- Prior school contact information so that NMSD can obtain official records.
For students entering middle school or high school (grades 6 - 12):
- Copy of most current grade report or withdrawal grades.
Does the student reside within the North Mason School District boundary?
for maps of the NMSD boundary. Family Choice law allows parents to select which public school(s) their children will attend, within certain limitations. However, a school district is not required to accept a student requesting a transfer if the district does not have space for additional students. If the student resides outside of the NMSD boundary, parents must submit a Choice Transfer Request form to their resident district. Forms are available at the schools or you can download it at the Choice Transfer Request link below.
District Attendance Area Transfers (Transfers between North Mason Schools)
Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides. A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district. Requests must be submitted, in writing, to the principal of the building at which the student is currently assigned. Secondary students who request attendance area transfers are subject to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s eligibility rules. Forms are available at the schools or you can download it by clicking here.
Release of Student Information/Photo Release
Ready to Register?
Just complete the following 3 steps. Registration finalization will occur at a meeting with the school. The online registration process will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. You will be asked to establish an Skyward account to get your username and password for registration. You may save your work and log-out to finish at a later time, if necessary. You may register more than one student, and at any school in the NMSD. You will have the opportunity to review and print your registration(s), if desired.
STEP 1: Read the following district documents where applicable:
STEP 2: Complete the following forms where applicable prior to starting the New Student Online Registration process. You'll have the opportunity to upload your completed forms during the online process.
Other documents requested. May be uploaded.
- Address Verification REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Birth Certificate REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Special Needs Record OPTIONAL
STEP 3: Go to Skyward New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) and complete the New Student Enrollment: Account Request. You'll have the option to select a language to complete the form in and will receive a confirmation email upon submission.
NOTE: After submission of your online enrollment, you will no longer be able to upload forms through Skyward New Student Online Enrollment. You must submit them to the school.
STEP 4: Please allow at least 24 hours for schools to process your student's registration before your student attends school. School registrars will contact you with your student's schedule and instructions or you can contact them at the numbers listed below:
| Belfair Elementary
| Sand Hill Elementary
| Hawkins Middle School
| North Mason High School
|James A Taylor High School/HomeLink
New to the Area?
Voter registration forms are available in any North Mason school, at the District Office at 71 E. Campus Drive in Belfair or through Online Voter Registration. Mason County is a vote-by-mail county.